About Elly Swartz -- The Essay Adviser
I am a writer and a parent. As a writer, I understand the writing process, and can help your child find their unique voice to share their story. As the mother of two teen boys, one at the Noble and Greenough School, and the other a junior at Middlebury College, I understand the application process and the stress that can accompany it. I officially launched The Essay Adviser after assisting my first student with his essays for application to Brown University. I am thrilled to report this student was admitted to Brown University – Early Decision.
A bit about my education and writing experience. I recieved my B.A. with honors from Boston University and J.D. with honors from Georgetown University Law Center, where I was the editor of the Journal of Legal Ethics. I taught Legal Research and Writing at Boston University School of Law, and I write middle-grade and young-adult fiction. My published accomplishments follow.
- Handbook of Personal Injury Forms (Lawyers Cooperative, 2nd ed. 1996)
- Massachusetts Pleading and Practice (Matthew Bender)
- Medical Device Product Liability in the MCLE Tort Law Manual (MCLE 1999)
- Common Law in the New Millennium—Protecting Our Children in a work edited and compiled by Papadakis, M.P., Civil Trial Practice—Winning Techniques of Successful Trial Attorneys (Lawyers and Judges Publishing Company, Inc. 2000).
- Protecting Our Children, 116 Products Liability Advisory 8 (October 1998);
- Warning! Injury Prevention Mandates Safer Designs and Adequate Warnings, 125 Products Liability Advisory 12 (July 1999);
- Holding The Electronic Game Industry Accountable For The Deleterious Effects Violent Video Games Can Have On Our Children,” Products Liability Advisory (May, 2001).
or call 617-838-8084.